Randwick Visitor Information
Welcome to Randwick!
Randwick is a suburb located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It is approximately 6 kilometers from the Sydney central business district and is bordered by Coogee, Clovelly, Maroubra, Kingsford, and Kensington.
How to Get Here
The easiest way to get to Randwick is by train from the Sydney CBD. From there, take the T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line and alight at either Bondi Junction or Martin Place Station. From Bondi Junction, take the 314 or 316 bus to Randwick, while from Martin Place Station, take the 373 or X73 bus. If you’re coming from the airport, there are several shuttle buses and taxis available.
Things to Do
There are plenty of things to do in Randwick for visitors. Here are some of the top attractions:
- Prince of Wales Hospital - A major public teaching hospital and medical research center
- Royal Randwick Racecourse - A premier horse racing venue that also hosts events and concerts
- The Spot - A vibrant shopping and dining precinct that also features an art deco cinema
- Coogee Beach - One of Sydney’s most popular beaches that boasts stunning views of the coastline and great swimming
- La Perouse Museum and Botany Bay National Park - A historical site and nature reserve that showcases Indigenous culture and provides beautiful coastal walking trails
Where to Stay
Randwick has plenty of accommodation options ranging from budget to luxury. Some recommendations include:
- The Alison Randwick - A modern boutique hotel located near the Prince of Wales Hospital
- Avoca Lodge - A cozy and affordable guesthouse situated in the heart of Randwick
- Veriu Randwick - A stylish and spacious apartment hotel located close to the Royal Randwick Racecourse
Where to Eat
Randwick has a multicultural food scene that offers a wide range of cuisines. Here are some popular dining spots:
- The Cookhouse Randwick - An American-style diner that serves burgers, hot dogs, and fried chicken
- Zeus Street Greek Randwick - A modern Greek restaurant that offers souvlakis, salads, and mezze plates
- Arthur’s Pizza Randwick - A local institution that serves traditional and gourmet pizzas
We hope this information helps you plan your visit to Randwick. Enjoy your stay!